11.12.2009

Teach Me to Worship

As I was praying, I was very conscious of my inablility to pray with words fitting my Maker. I prayed, "Lord, teach me to worship You acceptably." Much to my joy, He answered:

When you accept whatever situation you are in without murmuring,
you are worshipping Me.
<>
When you can rejoice in Me in the midst of your infirmities,
you are worshipping Me.
<>
When I have brought pressures to bear upon you to bring out
the gold of My nature and you bear them patiently--
blaming not Me, nor another person, nor yourself--
then you are truly worshipping Me.
<>
When you can "forgive yourself" for your weaknesses and
failures and cease expecting your human nature to bring
forth perfection, you are worshipping Me.
<>
When you have come to the place of recognizing and
acknowledging that "of myself I can do nothing",
then do I have praise of thee.
<>
When you can look upon a wasted life and agree that
I can and will make this one every whit whole--
that this is My desire--then you have offered Me
true worship, for you have seen My true nature.
<>
When you look upon My natural creation and the beauty of it
and magnify Me, than I am worshipped.
<>
When you hear My word within you saying
"This is the way--walk ye in it",
and ye obey My word with rejoicing, I feel worship from thee.
<>
When you look with compassion upon one who is afflicted,
tossed, and broken, then I am worshipped.
<>
When you recognize My Body and honor them as My brethren,
this is true worship unto Me.
<>
When thy lips are silent because of your pain,
and you lift your heart to Me, I feel your worship.
<>
When you say, "I cannot--please help me!"
then I am worshipped.
<>
Worship is a heart attitude in every place and situation in which you find yourselves. It acknowledges My Lordship, the righteousness of My nature, the truth of My Word, and the reality of my indwelling presence. You may offer true worship at all times and in every situation by keeping your heart right toward Me and toward your fellow-man.
Given to Elaine Cook,
May 1994
Bill & Elaine Cook publish "Gospel of the Kingdom", available at www.kingdomgospel.org

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Jen, thanks for directing me to this! You're so sweet. :) And it was so encouraging. :) I really needed it for the place in my life where I am right now. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing resounds: Less of me and all of Him - that is worship. Love it! Thanks for posting this, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a treasure, Jen. Thanks for discovering and displaying it!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind Luke 6:45 (A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.), Proverbs 21:23 (Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.) and Psalm 19:14 (May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.)before posting a comment.