3.17.2010

I will praise You in the storm


by Heather E.
"I was sure by now God You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day."

How often have we thought this. Why isn't God rescuing me from this sorrow? Why is He silent?

"Once again, I say Amen and it's still raining"

I love this line! Even when we don't understand and nothing makes sense. With tears in our eyes and sorrow in our heart, we can say Thy will be done.

"As the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, I'm with you. And as Yuor mercy falls. I'll raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away."
And in that surrender, God blesses us beyond all imagination--That is when He showers us with mercy and grace. And that is how Job could say after losing everything, " "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21b)

"I will praise You in this storm. I will lift my hands. For You are Who You are, no matter where I am."

God is good, faithful and He never changes. No matter what our circumstances are, His truth is always the same.

"Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn. I will praise You in this storm."

The world wonders how we are able to keep our faith. It's because He never leaves our side. How could any of us continue if we didn't know that God was going to see us through it?

"I remember when I stumbled in the wind, You heard my cry, You raised me up again. My strength is almost gone, how can I carry on? If I can't find You. "

How awesome is it that God picks us up again and again. I know I stumble so many times. God is always there to raise me up.

"As the thunder rolls. I barely hear You whisper through the rain. I'm with you."

Sometimes it's hard to hear God when it's raining. You have to listen closer but He's there. Never believe Satan's lie that Christ doesn't care. The Bible says He cares for the sparrows, so how infinitely more He cares for you, His own precious child.



pictures from google.

Lyrics from Casting Crowns

3 comments:

  1. I love this song! Casting Crowns is so good, I got away from listening to them though. Need to get back into that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very inspiring :) Beautiful blog xx

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep in mind Luke 6:45 (A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.), Proverbs 21:23 (Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.) and Psalm 19:14 (May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.)before posting a comment.